Thursday, June 7, 2012

Your kingdom come, your will be done

We have not had power for the past 24 hours so I have not been able to blog! A lot has been going on the past 2 days! Yesterday we woke for another day of the kid's program.  I was in charge of the Bible lesson.   Each day we review what we talked about the day before and then build on that.  I talked about how God loves us so much that he sent his only son, Jesus to die on the cross so that if we believe in him we will spend forever with him in Heaven.  Pretty much John 3:16 in extremely simplified terms so that the kids could understand.  It is assuring to think about how God is the only one capable to changing the hearts of the kids and everyone else we talk to.  Salvation is found in no one other that Jesus.  Nothing I say can save someone and I praise God for that knowing he is in complete control!
I was able to be with Winnifred for a while again yesterday!  She was unable to go to school again because of the unpaid school fees so she got to hang out with us again! This is her in the picture below.
The kids caught on really well to the songs yesterday. They were able to sing one of the songs we have been singing called Baby Jesus all by themselves in English with the motions and everything! Later when we went back out to the community when we would be walking around we heard kids singing it to themselves as they worked.  God is working in mighty ways!
In the afternoon after lunch we went back out to the tribe.  I was with Barbara who is Consey's daughter that I talked about earlier.  She wanted me to go to the boar hole to fill her jerry can with water.  What seems like an easy task is actually very hard.  The cans weigh so much when filled with water and then the Ugandans carry them on their heads.  So I had a can and Barbara also had a can.  We filled them with water and Barbara took hers, put it on her head and expected me to do the same.  I struggled to get the can to my head and by the time we got back to her hut I had spilt water all over me and of course Barbara was completely dry.  Her whole family thought it was hilarious.  Maybe I will get better as time goes on!
Today was the last day for the children's program.  We basically reviewed everything we had been doing the past few days.  My relationship with Winnifred is growing each time I am with her.  We even have a handshake now haha! It was a shorter day because we had plans to go into town to a place called Living Hope.  It is a place for women who have had a lot of suffering in their lives due to different situations to come and work.  We toured the place and saw how women make peanut butter, bags, little stuffed animals, feminine pads, and many other things.  In Uganda when girls start their menstrual cycle they usually do not have any way to stop the blood flow and so then they stop going to school, so these women make feminine pads from paper and other things to sell to girls so that they can continue with their schooling.  It is crazy the things we take for granted!  When we went in the sewing room to see how the ladies made the stuffed animals I met a lady named Agnus.  She was a sweet lady who wanted to teach me how to sew.  I told her I would probably mess something up if I tried it!  She asked me if I was a believer and when I told her I was she got so excited and said she was too and that she had been for 5 years!  I wanted to talk to Agnus more but we were having to leave.  She asked me to pray that she learns more English somehow and I told her I would so that is something specific everyone can be praying for!  
Today was a hard day and a lot happened! Be praying over everyone here!
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9





No comments:

Post a Comment